There are many things in life over which we have no control and that’s why it’s important that you focus on the things you do have control over. Mainly, yourself!
Procratination, envy, obsession, anger, self-pity, compulsion, neediness, guilt, inaction etc are all common self-defeating behaviors. Some of these behaviours and habits can prevent us from achieving the success and happiness we want in our lives. So why do we sabotage ourselves?
Fear of success, fear of failure, fear of not being good enough, fear of being laughed at. Allowing fear to control us to the point where it stops us doing the things that bring us closer to our goals.
It’s time to show fear the door. Your goals and dreams are worth pursuing so if you want to know how to push past fear and get closer to success – keep reading!
8 Tips To Get Shit Done
- Know what the end goal is – Working on something without knowing why is one of the best ways to lose interest and quickly!
- Discipline – Show up and do the task, no more procrastination!
- Confidence – OK, usually that’s something you need to work on but the ‘fake it till you make it’ adage comes into play here. Faking confidence is great because get this – no one knows you’re faking! So, deep breaths..you got this!
- Forget perfection – No one is perfect and no one starting any endeavour, starts off an expert so cut yourself some slack.
- Stop comparing yourself to other people – It gets you nowhere you fast! Comparing yourself to anyone else is such a waste of time and will demotivate you so quickly. Everyone learns and grows at different rates so don’t put so much pressure on yourself.
- Be bold – Take a risk, go outside of your comfort zone.
- Stop complaining and being so bloody negative!
I’m not going to sugar coat it, no one likes to be around people who constantly complain and only focus on the negative. It’s exhausting to be around and frankly really boring to listen to time and time again. Stop focusing on the negative, a more positive attitude will do wonders for you. It costs nothing to try.
- Give yourself a pat on the back! Take time to acknowledge when you’ve done something that betters you.
Now, get out of your own way and grab life by the balls!